11.01.2007

Sleepless (Back) In Seattle - Sean Penn

So I am currently sitting in 36 degree weather here in good old Seattle. Wow its cold. So I was in Oakland earlier today and sneaked off my plane to go grab a quick snack. As I approached the counter to pay for my tasty snack, I arrived at the counter at the same time as... no other than... Sean Penn! How crazy is that. He was buying a newspaper and I had a Vitamin Water and a candy bar. I didnt actually realize that it was him until the lady behind the counter whispered, "Sean Penn..." I replied, "What?" She whispered again, "Sean Penn, thats Sean Penn." I turned around and introduced myself and thanked him for letting me go first.

So that was my day. Other than a few long hours on a plane, a wonderful dinner at a local Fish House overlooking a gorgeous view of the city and a hang out in the lobby with all the Off The Map folks.

I love this city...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be moving back to San Jose (in NorCal) soon, any chance of trying to plant a church there? Or are there any churches you know of silimar to missiongathering? I am really going to miss this church. it's the highlight of my week and i cant imagine not wanting to go to church again. - madeliene

Anonymous said...

Hey Madeline!

Hope jay doesn't mind my jumping in here (Hi Jay! :-D) BUT...I was in the exact same position as you when I left San Diego for Monterey, CA (right near San Jose!)and I was like "I'M NEVER GONNA FIND A CHURCH LIKE MISSION EVER AGAIN!!" *insert self-pity here* BUT THEN...Pastor Matt told me about Vintage Faith in Santa Cruz (www.vintagechurch.org) I never made it up there to get to that specific church, but what it made me realize was that there ARE other churchs like Mission out there (well, not *exactly*, but you know what I mean ;-).

I moved to Minneapolis, MN just four months after moving to Monterey and I REALLY thought I could never find a church like Mission in the *gasp* MIDWEST! I thought it was back to lutefisk and weak coffee for me - and if that was the case, I wasn't gonna be going. thanks but no thanks. :)

BUT!!! I did a google search on CONTEMPORARY CHURCHES MINNEAPOLIS and found Hope Christian Community and it is FREEKIN' AWESOME!!! I feel as much at home there as I did at Mission - for reals.

You're going to discover a whole new world on this journey of yours. It may take a while (or it may not!) but just sit back and enjoy :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!

tina :-)

Anonymous said...

fyi, Santa Cruz is just like 30 miles from San Jose and if you take Hwy 17 (which I think is the only way to get to Santa Cruz from there) it is FREEKIN' AWESOME!!!!! Soooooooooooooo beautiful!!! Very curvey and such so you can't do 60mph or anything, so factor that into your drive, but soooooo worth extra time!!!!!!!!

You gotta do it at least once. Seriously. I swear....seriously...not kidding...I don't kid about these things.... ;-)

tina

Anonymous said...

There's a spider crawling up my wall right now. Just thought I'd share.

la la la...

Helloooo spider...

:-D

heather said...

Sean Penn = pretty much amazing...so much fun...hope you guys enjoy the rest of the trip...