9.20.2007

Connections

Over the last season of my life I feel that God has really been showing me just how important it is to have people around you that are going through the same things you are, and are on a similar path as you. From mentorship, to friends, to random contacts its such an amazing thing to be connected to someone that is going through the same things.
Which brings me to the concept of worship through music. Being a lead worshipper is something that takes all of your heart and all of your passion. And typically, we as artists and musicians, are very sensitive to how people receive our passion and heart Recently, I received an email from a lead worshipper friend of mine who is reading my blog:

"I also read your post about titled "Encouragement" and it sounds similar to how I often feel about our team here. Its just so fun and crazy and tiring to be allowed to play a role in what God is trying to accomplish in our respective cities. The people we do ministry with makes a big difference. I'm glad you are having a good experience with your team. So many churches dont have that luxury...though it should be the norm."

Connecting with others is so necessary to our spiritual journey and to our growth as spiritual beings. Knowing that there are others going through the same things that you are in not only reassuring, but helps to sharpen your own creative passion and heart.

No comments: