10.01.2007

Street Gatherings #2 - My Friend Dave / Isaiah 43

Last night, on my way from some dessert with some friends, I crossed paths with a local man named Dave. Dave has been coming to Missiongathering for a while now, but I have yet to really have a conversation with him. Dave also lives on the streets and is a self-proclaimed "Bum Theologian." He asked me if I had a minute, and we sat and chatted for a good 45 minutes. In the midst of hearing a little of his story, he pulled out his bible and started talking about worship leading with me.

He asked if I could write a song for him and then opened to Isaiah 43 and told me to start reading.

"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, Ill be there with you. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it wont be a dead end--Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. " (msg)

We finished up our conversation over a good laugh at the old school rockers like Zepplin and Bowie and said good-bye for the night. I cant shake those verses. Talk about hope... and talk about the new TBR album. Thank you Dave. I hope I can write a song that tells your story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, you rock! i admire your compassion for those less fortunate than you.